Division Chief – Safety and Professional Development
The Kennebecasis Valley Fire Department Inc. is seeking a qualified candidate to assume the responsibility of Division Chief-Safety and Professional Development.
The Division Chief will be responsible for enforcing department rules and regulations, overseeing training programs, implementing health and safety practices, supporting recruitment and retention of members and providing direction to subordinate personnel. The successful candidate will have considerable administrative responsibilities including diligent record keeping and scheduling of activities. They will also respond to emergencies in the role of on-call duty officer on a rotational schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Certificate in Fire Service Leadership with a preference to Fire Service Administration or NFPA 1021 Level III certification.
- NFPA 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications (Level 2) Certificate or equivalent.
- Clean criminal check including Vulnerable Sector Screen (VSS).
- Valid driver’s license and airbrake endorsement with a clean driving abstract.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standards Certifications 1002, 1021, 1031, 1033, 1035, 1041 (Level II or higher) and 1521 would be considered an asset.
- Sound judgment and excellent analytical decision making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work load and perform tasks without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
EXPERIENCE & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Fifteen years of increasingly responsible experience in a fire service organization, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role. A combination of related experience, education & training in the fire service and in a senior management role may be considered.
- Medically and physically fit according to department standards.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER BEFORE 12:00 (noon) ON APRIL 12, 2019 TO:
Fire Chief Bill Ireland
7 Campbell Drive
Rothesay, N.B. E2E 5B6
Or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org